Congratulations on your growing family! Here are some frequently asked questions to get you better acquainted with our office.
Category: Patient Information
Updates from Dr. Middleton:
- COVID-19 Message from Dr. Middleton on 3/13/20
- COVID-19 Update – 3/17/20
- COVID-19 Update – 3/19/20
- COVID-19 Update – 3/20/20
- COVID-19 Update – 3/22/20
- COVID-19 Update – 3/27/20
- COVID-19 Message from Dr. Middleton on 4/15/20
- Antibody Testing update – 4/21/20
- Back to School Message from Dr. Middleton 7/17/20
Important Local Resources
- AdventHealth Coronavirus hotline – 877-VIRUSHQ
- Orlando Health hotline – 877-321-COVID
- Florida Department of Health (DOH) hotline – 866-779-6121
- Orange County HD – 407-858-1400 http://orange.floridahealth.gov/
- Seminole County HD – 407-665-3000 http://seminole.floridahealth.gov/
- Osceola County HD – 407-343-2000 http://osceola.floridahealth.gov/
Resources for talking with kids and helping with anxiety:
Forms can be completed online through the patient portal or you can print them from our website and bring them with you to your appointment.
Insurance & Fees
Middleton Pediatrics accepts the following insurance plans. The parent or legal guardian accompanying a child is responsible for any copays, deductibles, coinsurance, or fees not covered by insurance at the time of the appointment. It is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian to verify that Middleton Pediatrics accepts your insurance before making an appointment. Please contact your insurance company directly to determine if Middleton Pediatrics is in-network with your family’s plan.
*United Healthcare: We are NOT in-network with the M*Plus, CORE, NAVIGATE, COMPASS or NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH PARTNER plans. Please call UHC to verify that we are in-network for your particular health plan.
*Medicaid: Our office does NOT participate in any state-funded Medicaid plans; this includes BCBS and/or UHC Medicaid.
For any plans not on the list, or if you have any questions, please contact our office by phone or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment Options for Share Plans and Self-Pay Accounts
Self-Pay: We accept checks, cash, or credit cards. Payment is due when services are rendered and putting a credit card on file is required. You will be supplied with a price guide and vaccine schedule. Please ask about options for a self-pay discount, vaccines, and payment plans.
Share Plans (Christian Care, Medi-Share, Liberty Health Share, and any others): It is required that a credit card be kept on file. You will be supplied with a price guide and vaccine schedule. We are happy to file the plan for reimbursement, however, payment for uncovered services will need to be settled within 30 days. We only offer a discount if no discount was given by the share plan. Please ask about options for vaccines and payment plans.