- In Florida - ~328 positives, ~1300 negatives, ~1100 pending; ~2800 total tests done
- In the U.S., approaching 10,000 cases, ~70,000 negative tests, ~132 deaths
One of the common questions I keep hearing is "Why are we as a country taking such extreme measures when it seems like 1) relatively speaking there is not much illness and 2) in most cases it isn't that serious?" I will address each of these separately - the first today and the next on a subsequent update - by providing some resources that might be helpful.
- A great video explaining Pandemics and Exponential growth
- A wonderful interview with arguably our nation’s top scientist, Francis Collins, discussing the “exponential curve"
- And finally an article from NYT showing these graphs for many of the countries of the world
As you are all aware, the state of Florida has issued a number of measures re: public places and public gatherings, and we continue to encourage eveyrone to take these seriously and abide accordingly.
Here for you and your family.